Collaborate with me!

This history is your history, help me get it out there for people to remember and reflect on by leaving your comments and memories of spaces, people and events here. If you want to use a made-up name, feel free, so long as the memory isn't!

(That said, if you can't remember everything, that's fine. No one's memory is perfect, and hopefully someone else will fill in the blanks.)

Friday, August 27, 2010

Mastering technology.

Well, After a couple of tries, I have finally figured out how to use my new camcorder. Turns out that Cannon doesn't provide software to transfer its recording format to regular video for Macs. Grrr. Sixty bucks later, I installed software and have been able to convert this, my first interview, to a viewable format.

Other parts of the learning curve:
-Blogger allows only for 100 mb of video at a time but doesn't tell you that.
-imovie is pretty simple to get going with, but I think is going to be a pain to master.
-I think I need to take off my glasses when focusing my camera

I thought I would post this one as an example of what the interviews will be like, and also I am hoping to get a discussion going about John's comments (if there is anyone reading this). Do you agree with John's description of Ottawa and why it is so closeted? What would you add?

I think I will add segments of videos from time to time and if there are comments I would like some community feedback on. Please note however, it will only be from people that agree to have their videos released to the public: all confidentiality agreements will be strictly observed.


No comments:

Post a Comment